When an aging person relocates to a new residence, there are a number of housing options to explore which are specific to older adults. There are also other factors to contemplate in addition to the which type of residence is most fitting. The actual location of the facility is clearly a consideration, but those involved in the housing decision may also wish to consider whether the facility is part of a continuum of care, an integrated system which provides various levels of care, allowing the resident to “age in place” within that senior living system/community. All members are listed below followed by a breakdown into the type of residence. You may also use the pull down menu and select the sub-category under Senior Housing.
Independent Living apartments offer some assistance with services such as communal dining, regular housekeeping and a schedule of activities. However, residents are still relatively independent, and the facility does not offer individual hands-on care.
Assisted Living residences offer more assistance, administering medication, providing help with Activities of Daily Living and offering more structured dining, housekeeping and programming. Residents live in private apartments with small kitchenettes but have common areas and staff available 24 hours a day as needed.
Nursing Homes are available for adults requiring 24 hour direct care for physical and/or mental debilitation. Residents live in single rooms, privately or with another resident, and sometimes with a private bathroom. Meals are congregate and various therapies are available. Supervision and medical care is accessible around the clock.
Skilled Nursing/Short-Term Rehabilitation may be offered as an area of a nursing home or as a stand alone facility. They are a short-term option providing intensive, skilled medical care and/or rehabilitation services to residents. The aesthetics of a skilled nursing facility or wing are much like a hospital, and provide acute care as well as terminal illness care.
Memory Care facilities may also be in an enclosed area of a nursing home or as a stand alone facility. Memory Care requires heavy security and alarms are used to keep residents safe from wandering. Round the clock supervision and care is available and specialized activities and programs are offered by staff trained in memory care.
Some Other Senior Residence may include a group home, a group of condominiums made up of residents who meet a certain age requirement or another community specifically for seniors.
Anthology of Mayfield Heights is always searching for better, smarter ways to care for our residents. Our highly certified, passionate caregivers deliver proactive, personalized care with a focus on getting to know you and your family. From virtual care plans to specialized, state-of-the-art programs, our high-tech, high-touch approach to care ensures that residents receive seamless care from every team member. We’re always here for you, no matter what your needs are or how they might change.
Work 28400 Center Ridge Rd Westlake OH 44145 workWork Phone: 440-808-9275workWebsite: www.arden-courts.com Work 9730 Valley View Road Macedonia OH 44056 workCell Phone: 3307304233cellWork Phone: 3307488800workWebsite: www.avenueatmacedonia.com
Work 28550 Westlake Village Drive Westlake Ohio 44145 USAworkWork Phone: 440-892-4200workWork Fax: 216.339.8280workfaxWebsite: Brookdale Westlake Village
Experience Exclusive Senior Living in Westlake, Ohio
Located in a quiet residential neighborhood of Westlake, Ohio, Brookdale Westlake Village is a luxury senior living community with well-appointed accommodations, restaurant-style dining and opportunities to engage your interests, passion and purpose.
Residents of our Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) enjoy an active lifestyle with a selection of care options to meet changing needs. From Independent Living and Assisted Living to Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care and Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing, transitioning between levels of care is simple.
You or your loved one will have the security of knowing that a continuum of care options is available on one campus without the concern of selecting new services at different location.
Our landscaped grounds include lakeside walking paths with gardens and outdoor patios and courtyards. Step into our light-filled lobby with its vaulted ceilings and elegant furnishings. Enjoy restaurant-style dining in our inviting dining room with chef-prepared meals complete with table linens and comfortable upholstered chairs, or meet friends in the courtyard for morning coffee.
Sophisticated Comfort and Care
Our campus includes the following accommodations and levels of care:
- Independent Living pet-friendly apartments offer the privacy of well-appointed residences and the services and amenities of a vacation property, including restaurant-style dining, transportation services, housekeeping, and outings to local attractions. Residents trade the chores of home maintenance for the sophisticated comfort of a well-deserved retirement.
- Assisted Living accommodations for those who may need some extra help with daily living activities. We balance assistance with independence, providing just the right amount care needed.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia care program where skilled associates provide residents with a structured routine of activities that help maintain their abilities, encourage the use of their current skills and experience daily moments of success with a sense of purpose.
- Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation — Licensed and Medicare-approved, our community offers skilled nursing care supported by speech, physical and occupational therapies and other rehabilitation services. We also offer respite care and hospice.
Fitness and wellness programs are an important part of our commitment to our residents’ experience at Brookdale Westlake Village. Brookdale’s Optimum Life is a holistic initiative that balances six key dimensions of wellness — purposeful, emotional, physical, social, spiritual and intellectual — to help you live a lifestyle that promotes health, wholeness and fulfillment.
Each day our associates create meaningful connections with residents, while providing exceptional service and care. For our associates, this opportunity to serve others is more than a job — it’s a passion. We are committed to providing a rewarding experience through our community that is purposefully designed and operated to provide an outstanding experience for our residents.
No Image Available
Work 28550 Westlake Village Drive Westlake Ohio 44145 workWork Phone: 440-892-6202workWebsite: http://
Work 7005 Stadium Drive Brecksville Ohio 44141 workWork Phone: 440-526-6060workWebsite: www.chippewaplace.net Work Continuing Healthcare of Mentor: 8881 Schaefer St. Mentor OH 44060 Geneva Shores Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation: 60 West St. Geneva OH 44041 Mentor Ohio 44060 workWork Phone: 4196320806workWebsite: http://
Work 9500 Broadview Rd. Broadview Heights Ohio 44147 United StatesworkWork Phone: 440-596-3047workAnniversary: October 31, 2018 Membership: November 1, 2015
Independent Living * Assisted Living * Memory Care
Danbury Senior Living in Broadview Heights is thoughtfully located in the heart of the community across from the Broadview Heights Recreation and Senior Center between Route 82 and Akins on Broadview Road. Danbury offers amenities that today’s seniors expect for comfort, support and security. Danbury is licensed to provide for the care needs of our senior residents with exceptional hospitality and a family-friendly, festive environment.
All Danbury residents enjoy these exceptional services:
- A choice of dining options, restaurant style made-to-order breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Variety of apartment options, from spacious studio to a two-bed, two bath options
- 24-hour secure community
- Maintenance, housekeeping and laundry
- All utilities paid for, including cable, telephone and WiFi internet access
- Transportation for outings and appointments, equipped with mobility lift
- A vibrant life enrichment program including daily chat socials, games and activities, shopping and cultural outings and community spiritual programs. Danbury residents enjoy programs and activities offered by the Broadview Heights Senior Center directly across the street!
- 24-hour on-site nursing and care staff, residents are provided wearable call buttons for safety and security
- Therapy and visiting doctor services available
- Pharmacy, laboratory, X-ray and other services available on-site
- Cars and pets welcome!
Assisted services are provided by Danbury nurses and companions to residents who require extra assistance. Services may include:
- Medication management
- Showering and dressing assistance
- Incontinence care
- Escort assistance and reminders
- Special diets
Danbury’s Memory Neighborhood is an all-inclusive, secure environment designed for dementia residents. Features include:
- Private apartments with safety equipped bathroom and personal memory shadow box
- Dining room with always-available snacks and ice-cream
- Reminisce life stations and living room with TV, juke box and aviary
- Secure courtyard with purposeful walking paths and greenspace and wildlife view
- Consistent staff and 12-hour flexible daily programming
Signature Danbury of Broadview Heights amenities include:
- Full service pub and bistro, available anytime to residents, families and friends
- Theater for movies and spiritual programming
- Private dining room for resident parties and events
- Full-service Salon for ladies and gentlemen
- Spa offering a walk-in Jacuzzi tub
- Library with computer access
- Living rooms and lounges for games and visiting
- Arts and crafts room
Please give us a call to schedule a visit to Danbury. We are happy to answer your questions and assist you and your family in reviewing financial benefits and care options.
No Image Available
Home 6973 Pearl Road Middleburg Heights Ohio 44130 homeWork Phone: 440-346-5900work
Kristin holds the Senior Real Estate Specialist (SRES®) designation, which indicates she is backed with resources and skills to help seniors “right-size” their housing (selling or buying a home) to fit changing needs. Outside of work, Kristin is an active volunteer with the Alzheimer’s Association. She also holds a seat on the Association’s Cleveland Area Chapter Board of Directors.
Work 18960 Falling Water Road Strongsville OH 44136 workWork Phone: (440) 238-3600workWebsite: www.generationshcm.com
The Generations Difference
Generations Senior Living of Berea & Strongsville is a second-generation, family owned and operated organization. We are “Families caring for families”, treating our residents and staff like we would our own. The longevity of many of our employees sets us apart in creating a warm and welcoming community that provides the highest quality of care and services.
We are proud to have been in business for over 50 years, as a leading provider of healthcare services; and we are proud to carry on our family tradition. Generations Senior Living of Strongsville and Berea offer seniors a dignified and personalized community where they can live the life they choose. The communities provide Independent and Assisted living apartments in multiple floor plans, creating a continuum of care where residents can enjoy an active lifestyle and receive additional services when needed.
Generations Senior Living of Strongsville is located on Pearl Road (across from Dairy Queen) at 18960 Falling Water Rd, Strongsville, OH 44256. Our sister-community Generations Senior Living of Berea is located (by Coe Lake and across from the police station and library) at 4 Berea Commons, Berea, OH 44017.
No Image Available
Work 570 North Rocky River Drive Berea Ohio 44017 workWork Phone: 4402432122workWebsite: http://