Welcome to the 2023 EPO Mastermind Group Preview
Eldercare Professionals of Ohio, LLC (EPO) will launch an exciting, new opportunity for EPO networking members interested in developing and growing their businesses in January 2023. Since 2021, business development topics have been included in the monthly networking educational programs. The positive feedback has resulted in the development of new monthly, confidential, and exclusive (one professional per industry), virtual, mastermind groups.
What is a mastermind group? Networking meetings are important facets of building business relationships to develop referral opportunities. However, business growth also requires an in-depth exploration of day-to-day operations and assessing how operations align with short and long-term business goals. Exploring those aspects with other like-minded professionals can dramatically impact and catapult the success of a business. Mastermind groups offer countless opportunities not available through networking or with individual business coaches or colleagues. EPO is committed to supporting senior care businesses to reach their business goals.
As a result of this new process/project, the east-side networking group will discontinue after the November 18, 2022, Reflections of Hope Silent Auction Networking Event. The west-side networking meeting will continue as is (it will no longer be referred to as the west-side group). The first networking meeting of the 2023 year is scheduled on January 9. A slight adjustment will occur in December 2023 with the inclusion of a virtual networking meeting on Friday, December 8, 2023.
For those who are curious or undecided about committing to a monthly mastermind group, we will offer sample groups in December 2022. Each will be 1 hour and will introduce the process and offer opportunities for Q & A. The schedule will come out later in the year.
Why Your Most Important Business Decision Might Be Joining a Mastermind Group
Mastermind Groups offer participants countless benefits:
- Regular connection.
- Networks beyond your own to tap into.
- A trusted circle of colleagues to help you make decisions.
- A chance to learn from other businesses and leaders.
- A confidential space to discuss challenges and problems.
- A laboratory to learn and experiment.
- A reflection of your own wisdom and expertise as you help others.
- Potentially long-term friendships and connections.
- A facilitator to manage the time and process.
Mastermind Meeting Design & Agreements from Participants:
Several groups will be available. Registrations will be first come, first serve. If 2 professionals from the same industry sign up, and there are not enough sign ups to create another full group, the first person who signed up will secure the spot. The group size will have an even number of participants, with a minimum of 4 and maximum of 6. Each group will be scheduled for one meeting per month. SEE BELOW FOR FORM
All participants agree to attend every meeting each month. The effectiveness of a mastermind is grounded in attendance and participation. The group can adjust the day or time to accommodate unavoidable attendance circumstances.
For morning meetings, the preferred day of the week will be either the 1st or 4th Friday of the month. If the group requires an evening, the preferred day is Wednesday. If an afternoon is selected, we can collectively decide. All meetings will be virtual.
Suggested times: 7:00-9:00 am, 7:30-9:30 am, 8:00-10:00 am, 3:00 – 5:00 pm, or 6:30-8:30 pm.
*All members will sign a confidentiality agreement since private business strategies are discussed in each meeting.
Sample Mastermind Agenda:
- 9:00 – 9:05: Greetings/check in
- 9:05 – 9:35: 5-minute review of each participants previous week. Accomplishments, obstacles.
- 9:35-10:00: Hot Seat, member introduces their issue/goal/problem. Members offer suggestions, feedback, strategies, etc.
- 10:00 – 10:25: Second hot seat
- 10:25 – 10:50: Third hot seat
- 10:50 – 11:00: Prep for next meeting
What to Expect:
- This is a 12-month commitment. 12 annual meetings, one per month. Each member will participate in 6 “hot seats” during the calendar year. The group can decide to eliminate 1 meeting during the year, however all participants must receive an equal number of hot seat opportunities.
- Kelsey Loushin will facilitate every mastermind meeting.
- Cost $250 per person for the 2023 year.
- All mastermind members interested in continuing their participation in the monthly networking meeting (no longer called the west-side group), can do so for an additional $50.
EPO Networking membership
- As of January, 2023, an annual networking membership for one person will be $125. If the member brings additional company representative (not guests) the fee is $10 per person.
- Visitor fees $17
- The month of December 2023, a virtual networking meeting will be available.