Wellness is a general state of good health but is consciously altered by the choices an individual makes. Wellness impacts one’s quality of life and is most certainly important to all aging adults.
There are many dimensions of wellness which interact to influence one’s life. Some examples of wellness include physical, emotional, intellectual and spiritual. A wealth of wellness services are available in the community which help older adults achieve the highest level of optimal health.
Lifestyle means a way of life and in the context of the resources listed here, lifestyle pertains to services and alternatives for enhancing one’s life.
Work 2711 Hampton Rd Rocky River Ohio 44116 workWork Phone: 440-552-0338workWebsite: www.train2u.com
Since 2012, Train 2U has been providing personal fitness training and weight management programs for people at an affordable price. We work with seniors in both private and group settings.
Exercise Description for Seniors:
- Provide a gentle approach in helping seniors improve their balance, coordination, flexibility, posture and strength
- Utilize functional training techniques to increase range of movement for activities of daily living
- Implement balance and strengthening techniques for fall prevention
- Teach exercise movements specific to seniors to assist in chronic disease prevention
- Greater level of self-confidence and improved overall well being
- Enhanced quality of life and possible reduction in medications
- Decrease unnecessary falls which could lead to added medical expenses
On-Site Customized Educational Speaking Sessions (30,45, 60 minutes):
- Understanding Balance and Vestibular Disorders
- Exercise and Nutrition for Chronic Conditions
- Healthy Aging
- Exercising the Brain
- Guidelines for an Active Lifestyle
- Stress Management
- Understanding Balance and Proper Posture Techniques
- Strengthening Exercises for Knees, Hips, Low Back, Ankles and Upper Body
- Benefits of Sunlight and Vitamin D
- Training the Brain
- Vitamins, Minerals and Phytochemicals
- Inflammation and Chronic Diseases
- Water, Caffeine and Alcohol
- Diet Trends
- Benefits of Physical Activity