Date(s) - 04/12/16 - 04/18/16
2:45 pm - 4:15 pm
Westside Vet Center Parma
Categories No Categories
Staying Independent Throughout Aging
This consumer education series provides information and tools that seniors need to stay independent throughout the “Golden Years.” Each session brings industry professionals to discuss the variety of options, questions and concerns that the informed senior wants to know. Topics are:
- Critical Conversations-What you need to think about in advance; how to decide who you need to to talk with; how to have important conversations with the most important people
- Gathering Up the Important Stuff-Knowing what you have or need and gathering everything into one place. Participants will create a tool box of important papers, lists and documents that can stand ready for any emergency BEFORE it is ever needed
- Changing Where I Live – A guide through a comprehensive list of things, places and options to consider when your house is not the right place anymore. A panel of industry experts will guide you through the known and the unknown array of options in the 21st century!
- I’m Not Leaving My House! –Evaluating your home for age in place safety; new inventions and technologies that make life safe and easy;
- Preventing Hospitalization-Get Moving exercises to help avoid common pitfalls; New constraints of Medicare; What to do to avoid hospital re-admission
- Strategies for Dealing with Loss- Loss of job, driving privileges, healthful stamina, social community, friends, loved ones. It seems different to us as we age. We need new strategies to stay focused on the wonder of the life ahead of us. We’ll learn from experts how to cope as time marches on.